Monday, January 25, 2010

Nearing the end of the journey

Lori's health continues to decline...she is nearing the end. 

Even though Lori is not experiencing physical healing as we have prayed for, God IS answering our prayers for her to be comfortable and to hold back her pain.  Her nurse has said that she has never seen someone in this stage be relatively pain free and as comfortable as Lori is, so PRAISE OUR GOD for answering our prayers for her! 

Lori has now requested not to have visitors.  She just wants Mike by her side, and seems to prefer the room to be quiet.  We still do want to support Mike, so if anyone is willing and able to go up there and wait in the waiting area, you are encouraged to do so.  Mike needs our support, and he also needs a break sometimes, so it would be a blessing if someone was always there and available to encourage him and sit with Lori when he needs a break.  He is not planning to leave St. Annes anymore and will be there overnight.  I told Mike that I would ask people to stop in and let him know they are there, but give them this time together.  Also, Lori's nurse has said that she is restricting children from coming up at all, as it is no longer appropriate for children to be there. 

Mike and Lori, we are surrounding you with love and prayers, as our Heavenly Father is surrounding you.

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I love you Lori. You have a warm, caring heart. You will be remembere for your kindness.

    Robin Hythecker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so, my sister cousin! Go in peace, rejoice in His love. I will miss you more than you know, but in my heart you will stay forever. Someday we will meet again. Until then... Mike, my heart breaks for you.
    Kathy Haack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,

    There are so many things that I want to say right now that I don't know where to begin. You have always been a good friend to me. I have been thinking a lot lately about our trip to see Mark Chestnutt and how much fun we had that night, even though we had to drive home at night in the fog on unfamiliar roads!

    When I talk to my mom about different people at work, I sometimes have to say "you remember this person from here?"; and for you, it was always the Honker games. She always knew exactly who I was talking about then. We both enjoyed sitting with you and visiting while watching the game.

    I know that you are going to a much better place where you will be healed and you will be reunited with your parents. Someday, too, I know that I will see you again.

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete