Friday, January 22, 2010

More blessings!

Mike's mom arrived yesterday from California!  Both Lori and Mike have been anxiously waiting her arrival and I'm sure they will be blessed by her support.

Lori got her nails done yesterday morning!  Who can guess how she got them done?  I'll post pictures later.  My friend Janice did them and told me how much it blessed her to do it.  She refused to be paid for it and said she was paid in other ways...she felt honored and humbled.  She said that even though she didn't know Lori before this, she can tell that Lori is strong in her faith, and has a heart of gold - she could sense that strongly.  Janice told me that she could see the Lord in her and that she looked beautiful, even in the midst of tragedy.  Praise God!  How many others is God touching through Lori's life, especially now?  Lori, your peace and your strength through this time is a testimony of Jesus in your life.  He is shining through you now.

Janice also shared with me that her cousin passed away from liver cancer at the age of 52, and that God held back alot of his pain.  I was so encouraged by that!  Let's continue to pray fervently for Lori's pain to be controlled, and even be so bold as to ask for her to be pain free!  And healed!  We can still ask for that...God is able.  Whether she is healed on earth or in Heaven, we know for sure that she will be healed.

"Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise."  Jeremiah 17:14

"Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."  Psalm 30:10-12

Lord, I ask You to put a song in Lori's heart today.  A song of praise, hope and joy as she is surrounded by Your spirit and by those she loves.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to guess and go with the thought that Lori got Viking purple nails? Oh maybe that is just me, an ultimate Viking fan. I remember all the talks we had about the Vikes, Lori.....On Sunday imagine that I would be giving you a high 5 each and EVERY time the Vikes score. Hoot and holler with me now!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete