Sunday, January 24, 2010

Almost home

Lori is nearing the end of her journey. She is very weak and sleeps most of the time.  It takes a great deal of effort for her to talk, and even then it's not much more than a whisper.  Her nurse said that her body is showing signs that it is shutting down.  I spent a few hours with her this afternoon, along with many other friends and family, and Vince and I went back up there tonight along with my mom.  I just really felt God calling me to go back tonight, and I'm glad I did.  I had the opportunity to thank Lori again for her friendship, remind her that she is loved, and most of all that God is with her.  I asked her if she knew that, and she whispered "all the time." 

She is ready to go, and is longing for that now.   This afternoon as I was getting ready to leave, I leaned in close and told her I loved her.  She looked me in the eyes and said "Lisa, I have to go."  I told her it's ok for her to go.  She said "Is it?" I said yes...we will take care of Mike.  You can go to Jesus, it's ok.  I reminded her, as I know others already have, that Jesus is waiting for her and that she will never be alone.  I told her not to be afraid, that she can just rest now.  She nodded, told me "thank you" and drifted back to sleep. 

Psalm 116:15 "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."  It is a precious thing to be with Lori during this time.  She is at peace, she knows what awaits her, and she feels the presence of the Lord very strongly. 

Please continue to keep Mike in your prayers.  This is so very hard for him as he watches the one he loves drift away.  Don't let his quiet demeanor stop you from reaching out to him, he very much needs and appreciates the reassurance and support of the body of Christ.

I Can Only Imagine - Mercy Me

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side.
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine...

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

1 comment:

  1. Lori--It is ok for you to go. Be in peace and without pain. You must know you are loved here, in our hearts always and your family will not be forgotten. We told Lily the other night that you would help be her guardian angel--Jared and I know you will do a wonderful job of that as you have while just down the street. We will miss you, the fun outtings and many get-togethers but we know you're going to a better place and will someday befriend us again.

    Mike--Take strength from the friends and family you have--that's what we are here for. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to call, one of the perks of living so close! Know you are always welcome, even if just for company anytime. Plus, the happy dance Brayden does when he sees you will put a smile on all our faces and we all need that!

    Love you both and will keep you in prayers,
    Jill, Jared, Lily and Brayden

    ReplyDelete